Thursday, September 18, 2008

This mornings run...

Finally it is cooling off a bit here and it is actually enjoyable to run in the mornings again. It has been incredibly hard to be motivated since it started getting hot a few months ago. I never went a week without running twice though and I'm hoping to pump it up to no less than 4 days. I read a running blog yesterday that really got me excited about running again. I'm going to register myself for a race so that I have a goal to work towards. I usually do better when I have something pushing me to get my butt out of bed in the morning and hit the pavement. I'm still mulling over what that goal will be so, I will post that when I've decided. ( Marathon, 1/2 marathon, triathlon?) We will see but, for now I'm just enjoying feeling the motivation once again. Let's hope it's not so fleeting this time.

P.S. Have you ever heard of Team Hoyt? An amazing dad/son team that runs marathons and triathlons. Really inspiring! I will also post a link to some video of them. Not only does it inspire me to be a better runner but, a better parent!

1 comment:

Elder Larkin said...

I found you!
Good for you Alisa! Setting a goal is definitely the way to go...and telling everyone about it, so you don't give up on yourself. When you have people asking about how your doing, it's pretty hard to quit. It was so much fun to run with you today. Again, so sorry that I was so dang tired, and made you walk most of your first mile. What a friend huh? Next time we run together I'll do better I promise. ;)