Sunday, December 7, 2008

Crazy runner...

After twelve years of marriage I guess there shouldn't be much about Phil that surprises me. But, he never ceases to. We both had registered to run the Las Vegas Half Marathon. I slacked on my training the last few weeks and with Ashlie getting sick I felt like I couldn't (in good conscience) leave her with anyone, so I didn't run this morning. I know it's kind of a lame excuse but, what can I say. My husband on the other hand rolled out of bed this morning and decided to run the FULL marathon. Yes, you read that right. I told him he was crazy and rolled my eyes. I showed up at the finish about the time we figured he would be done with the half and I ended up waiting for another hour for him. He finished the full marathon at the same time he finished last year, however, with about a quarter of the training. I'm so proud of him!!!! When he puts his mind to something he does it and it's amazing how well his body follows. He felt great and hopped on a plane to Phoenix about two hours after he finished. He just called to tell me that he ate a whole 16"pizza. I think he deserves to eat whatever he wants. P.S. Ashlie is feeling better and has been eating like she just ran a marathon too. I had to keep her home from church today though. She wasn't too happy.


Philly's tag with the half crossed out.


Rounding the corner to the finish line and with a smile!!!


Phil and our good friend Brandy. He flew into Vegas yesterday and stayed with us to run the marathon. We had a great time with him.



Brandy rounding the corner to the finish line.

4 comments:

Maribeth Miller said...

Your facelift on the blog is totally cute! Love the pics from Amy!!!!!

Elder Larkin said...

Good job Phil!!! That's so awesome! I too ate like I had never eaten in my life! I was so hungry afterwards, and now I'm sooo sore.

Sarah said...

I have two GREAT friends that live in the Dallas area. They actually live in Sunnyvale and love it and the schools. If you're interested in talking to them, let me know!

Josh and Megan said...

I can't believe you are moving again! I love it...I think it's way better than staying in one place. Love the Christmas pics...your girls can't get any cuter!