I've got a few so, I'll just update everyone on what's going on with us lately...
- We went to Utah for Thanksgiving. The girls and I left on November 20th and Phil joined us on the 25th. It was a trip for making memories and farewells. Some really sad. My Grandpa is not doing very well and I spent a lot of time with him. I knew that my time with him would be pretty much my last so, we had some really great bonding moments that I will always remember. Also, my parent's dog passed over the rainbow bridge to doggy heaven while we were there. We got her when I was a senior in high school and she was pretty much my baby until Phil & I got married. It was so hard to say goodbye to her. She was such a great dog, very obedient and loving. We'll miss her! See her pic in the sidebar. Knowing the likely changes to be happening (see previous post.) We spent a lot of time with family and friends, making a lot of fun memories. All in all it was a great trip for us.
- Last Saturday night, while still in Utah, Ashlie got really sick. It started with her ear hurting really bad and proceeded to vomiting. We left Sunday morning for home and made it without much problem and Ash slept most of the way home, puking a couple of times. We figured she'd get better but, by Tuesday we knew she was just getting sicker. The pediatrician sent us straight to the ER and from there they admitted her to the hospital. After an overnight stay for IV fluids and antibiotics, she is home and doing so much better. She couldn't seem to keep enough fluid in her to stay hydrated and had a slight case of pneumonia. She was one sick little girl! We're so thankful she is okay.
- Phil has been wrapping up business at Meadow Gold and has been pretty busy this week saying good-bye to his co-workers and customers. He did a great job for Meadow Gold and we're thankful for the experiences he's had. Hearing all the great things that his co-workers and customers say about him is really gratifying. I'm so proud of him!
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your past few weeks. No wonder you haven't been blogging. Glad Ashlie is feeling better.
Post a Comment