Just updating again, long post ahead. Yes I am still planning on taking the blog private. It is taking me some time to get it all done. (It's really a pain!) I'm still trying to get my house put together but, blogging is my way of feeling connected, especially since I'm feeling so disconnected right now. It's really my cheap therapy. My dinosaur computer is so incredibly slow, so pictures will have to wait. Well, what's new? Lots, I'd have to say. Allie started school and has been quite the friend magnet in her new class and the other third grade classes too. It's kind of overwhelming to her but, it will even out soon, I'm sure. Her teacher is a really sweet lady. She is older and is very calming. I really like her and so does Allie. We signed Allie up for a girl's running group. She absolutely loves it! (Much to her mom's delight!) She looks forward to it and seeing her friends there. The group will run a 5K together in April. (She says it will be easy as pie.) The running group is awesome, they talk about girl's issues, nutrition, physical fitness, etc. So, it's not just about running but, geared towards the overall health of the girls. What a great idea huh? Allie will also start guitar on Monday. Ashlie has been enjoying being the princess of our new "castle" as she calls it. She has been playing dress up non-stop since I opened her dress up box. She is a tornado in her own right, in that everywhere she goes there is a trail of dress ups following her. She will be starting preschool again on Tuesday. I had to take her to the doctor for a physical and to update her immunizations before we could sign her up. She knew she was going to have shots and the anticipation just about drove her (& I) insane. She screamed bloody murder until it was over and then said, "that wasn't so bad was it Mom?" Little Miss Drama Queen huh? Alivia has finally decided that going potty by herself is really neat. Yay for me! She has been so good about it. She is our little crack-up! She's always teasing me and joking around. One knows that with a daddy like Phil, one of our kids would have a great sense of humor. So far, Texas has been good to us. (With the exception of a scary thunderstorm/tornado possibilites, see post below.) I met a great new friend last week. I actually was looking online for someone to come help me clean my house, after feeling incredibly overwhelmed. She was the first responder and I checked out her references. So, I decided to have her come last Friday. Turns out she was born in Utah and went to Utah State. So, next question was, are you LDS. Sure enough. I had so much fun talking to her and enjoyed a clean house afterwards. We have a great connection! She offered to tend the girls that night and so we took her up on it. She is married and has two adorable babies. We've at least texted, if not talked everyday since. I'm sure that there was some divine help there. Anyways, all is well here. (The girls have watched HSM3 probably 6 times in the last 24 hours and I'm singing all the songs with gusto.) Gotta love it.
P.S. Check out my brother-in-laws new blog here! I love it! Fun reading and thinking material.
1 comment:
Hey.
Post a Comment